In order to be rewarded with a Green Society Certification there are several requirements that a company much uphold. Our requirements and standards were created to help businesses that deserve the certification acquire it. We have a strong belief in helping every sustainable business grow and prosper in this new market that has been created. Sustainability is the future of commerce, services and law making. With our certification it will give your company the extra push into the market and be recognized as a world leader in green production and sustainable services.
Although not all requirements may apply to your business, your business must meet any requirements within your jurisdiction. If you would like more information on whether or not your business meets the requirements created by the Green Society, feel free to contact us; otherwise here are the requirements that must be met in order to be certified as a Green Society member.
Sustainable Management – Your Company must be practicing common sustainable management practices through operations and daily management systems. This include your management system considers the environment, sociocultural, quality, health and safety issues in the workplace. Each decision made from management has consider sustainability and made sure that the decision is a ‘green’ one.
This may also include:
- Legal compliance with all relevant local or international sustainable regulations that have been made
- Employee training covers the fact that they work for a sustainable company and the employees understand the importance of it
- Promotional materials are created with sustainable products in addition promoting that your company follows a sustainable guideline with all decisions
- Construction and design can have one of the largest factors that your company can contribute to towards a sustainable feature, each construction and design decision must be made with sustainability in mind
Social/Economics – Included with our guideline is your business impact on social and economic principals in sustainability. This may include your involvement with community development and your support towards sustainability with new development. Local employment is very important and helps boost any economy when you hire within your community. This is a big factor towards keeping and sustaining a healthy local economy. In addition to this is your support towards local entrepreneurs and doing your best to always purchase locally.
Environmental – With at the Green Society have a passion for keeping the environment healthy and supporting organizations that agree with us. One of the largest factors in your approval as a Green society member is the impact you have on the environment and whether or not your company is doing its best to reduce, reuse and support environmental sustainability. This section covers many areas of the workplace including:
- Purchasing Policy
- Consumable goods
- Energy Consumption
- Water Consumption
- Greenhouse Gas
- Waste Management Plan
- Recycling plan
- Use of Harmful Substances
- Reducing Pollutants Within Your Industry
- Conserving Ecosystems, Biodiversity, Wildlife Species and Landscapes